We Remain Safely Open for In-person Classes!
Throughout the unprecedented two-and-a-half years of the COVID-19 pandemic, the faculty and staff at MCAS have refused to let this pandemic deter us from educating regional adults. Our commitment to safely open during the pandemic and to provide quality educational programs has been unparalleled in Los Angeles County. Due to our safety protocols, no student COVID-19 transmissions occurred on our campus during the 2021-22 school year.
Monrovia Community Adult School Safety Measures
Monrovia Community Adult School and Monrovia Unified School District are committed to the safety of all MCAS students and staff. The school follows all current California and Los Angeles County requirements to remain safely open.
In addition to state and county requirements, MCAS adheres to the following COVID-19 mitigation protocols:
1. Individuals who wish to wear masks on campus are encouraged to do so.
2. If Los Angeles County returns to an in-door mask mandate, MCAS will comply with the mandate.
3. Students and staff are asked to wash hands frequently following CDC guidelines for handwashing.
4. Hand sanitizers are located throughout the campus and we request students and staff use them frequently.
5. The MCAS campus HVAC system uses filtration with a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) of 14.
6. All classrooms are outfitted with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtration systems.
7. All high traffic areas such as door handles and restrooms are sanitized two times per day.
8. MCAS requires all staff who have any flu-like symptoms to stay home and we ask the same of our students.
Monrovia Community Adult School Mission Statement
The Monrovia Community Adult School empowers its diverse student population to succeed in a changing society through a variety of flexible, accessible and affordable educational programs.